Online ordering and daily shipments have become commonplace for many residents. You enjoy the benefit of having goods dropped in front of your door, but there is a drawback. Those packages sitting in the open are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a real problem, but you can protect yourself from it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are great tools to combat porch pirates, but they do significantly more.
Take a second to find out how they work and why they’re sure to become a crucial part of your smart home.
Perks of a Dayton video doorbell
Manufactured in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You can now set up detection zones, speak to people at your door, and get immediate alerts whenever an item is delivered.
The best way to understand how a Dayton video doorbell camera works is to explore the numerous advantages it gives you. Consider these features:
- Active crime deterrents: You can’t get this on every model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in dissuading burglary with alerts that can be heard and seen. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know that you are watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the whole picture, and that consists of the faces of individuals at your door and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with superior 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- Crystal-clear footage at any hour: What’s the point of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are poor quality and challenging to see? Top models will give you incredible high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package alerts: Would you appreciate knowing when a package arrives? You can enjoy instant notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between individuals and packages.
- Talk to whoever’s at your door: Is a person waiting at your door? Two-way audio lets you inquire about their purpose for being there. You might even take advantage of this beneficial feature to frighten off people hanging around your porch.
- Cut down on false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the area to be viewed will let you minimize false alarms triggered by pedestrians or pets.
- Instant video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home offers you the option to see live and recorded video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like never before, as you are able to interact with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even permit you to speak with whoever’s at your door. These devices have turned into must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.