Features to look for in a home security camera in Dayton
Getting snagged on a video recording is the last thing a burglar would like to happen This is a primary reason why security cameras are one of the best tools to include as you design your home security system. Although free-standing cameras can be of use when configured appropriately, they’re even more powerful when integrated into your residence’s comprehensive system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in Dayton? You’ll be glad to know these important devices come with more conveniences than earlier versions. You can see live feeds from indoor cameras or warn those lurking about with integrated deterrent mechanisms from outdoor cameras. And you can see your cameras easily in the same place.
Impressive features enhance home security cameras in Dayton
Multifaceted and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will elevate your residence’s protection to a different level. These crucial elements of your home security system can be found with an impressive lineup of features such as bi-directional audio, video storage, and mobile access. Review all of the possibilities here.
- Forceful deterrents: Choose a camera that can take action automatically. If unusual activity is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear ring of red light will appear around the lens and a loud warning will sound.
- Night vision: Dynamic IR night vision functionality provides clear views of your environs any time of day. Your cameras will even maintain their visibility as you zoom in on specific spots.
- Video storage: Check for devices with cloud storage options and the ability to review footage right from your mobile device app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in Dayton are typically linked to a handy smartphone app. You can watch live streams or pre-recorded segments and even arm or disarm your alarms. The Vivint App will send a notification to your mobile device whenever a triggered event occurs.
- Motion detection: Incorporated motion detection means your cameras will engage whenever strange action is detected. You’ll also get a notification on your smartphone.
- Converse with delivery people or loved ones: Need to contact your kids once they get home from school? Is there a stranger at your front door? Modern surveillance systems, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, provide convenient 2-way talk so you are able to converse with the people captured by your camera.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your outside surveillance should give you no less than a 120° view. For example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro gives you a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This benefit allows you to program the precise area you want your camera to supervise. This is important to limit the activity you watch as you wouldn’t require alerts whenever an automobile goes by on the road.
Configure your own smart home
Now you know what to look for in a home security camera in Dayton. All that remains is to get started on your robust Vivint smart home. Phone (937) 888-2339 to begin or submit the following form to engage our security experts.