How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Dayton smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home security system as it incorporates your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in total control of your Dayton home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and find tips to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Dayton benefit you?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular capability and a backup battery for enhanced reliability. It also gives you total remote operation through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the duties you can execute:
- View current or recorded video streams from your connected cameras
- Disarm or arm your home’s security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can get even more creative with your Vivint Smart Hub in Dayton by implementing schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can add rules like having your front door unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the terrific things your Vivint Smart Hub can accomplish, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will be in the home and arms everything excluding interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away means you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply swipe down on the shield icon and type in your PIN.
You’ll observe a warning if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Keep in mind that you are still able to arm your home’s security by adhering to the steps above. You will then need to verify you want to circumvent the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Dayton
Even though multiple users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add another user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” type in the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote access, choose email or phone and enter the details to deliver an invite.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, touch users, choose the user you want to remove, and then select “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security via an intuitive touchscreen dashboard? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Dayton smart home. Call (937) 888-2339 to learn more.